rolling shuter

Call it Rolling Shutter or Focal Plane Shutter, It Looks Weird…Cool

I’ve been both frustrated by and in love with focal plane shutter distortion (Wikipedia calls it rolling shutter) for a while, now I’ve discovered there’s a group for it. One of the photos I pointed to in my earlier post was of a low-flying helicopter (bottom), a couple other photographers have captured the effect the distortion has on propellers: