I announced the bSuite 4 public beta not long ago, now I’ve just posted a new version to SVN that addresses some of the bugs and fleshes out some of the features. I have yet to update the bSuite page, but here’s a preview of what’s new or changed:
- Additional stats reports
- WP2.5-style tag input tools on the Page edit screen*
- WP2.5-style category selector on the Page edit screen*
- WP2.5-style excerpt input on the Page edit screen*
- For multi-author sites: ability to grant edit permissions by role for each page (with a configurable default)
- An “include” shortcode that makes it easy to show content from one post or page on another.
About the new shortcode, use it like this:
de post_id=“1234” url=“a url to a post or page in your blog” field=“post_excerpt”]
url is required;
field is optional and defaults to
post_excerpt first, then to
post_content if there is no excerpt.
*Why would you want to input tags, set categories, or add an excerpt to a Page? They help readers find and explore our content. What’s so wrong with that?