The proceeding was forwarded to me by my dad, who included a note suggesting that jokes may embody the only real truths we can know.
A worldwide survey was conducted by the UN. The only question asked was:
Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?
Though translated into appropriate local languages and delivered using local personnel, the survey was a huge failure. The UN auditors evaluating the study named the following as the leading causes:
- In Africa they didn”t know what “food” meant
- In India they didn”t know what “honest” meant
- In Europe they didn”t know what “shortage” meant
- In China they didn”t know what “opinion” meant
- In the Middle East they didn”t know what “solution” meant
- In South America they didn”t know what “please” meant
- And in the USA they didn”t know what “the rest of the world” meant