- Get the plugin as a zip file or via SVN.
- Place the the
bsuitefolder in your site’s
- Activate it, then visit the options page.
Stats will start collecting immediately, but they may not be processed and displayed in your stats report for some time (and they really won’t be useful until after you have at least a full day of stats). Wait a few hours, then click on the bStat Reports link in your dashboard to view what’s arrived.
- Insert related posts links at bottom of each post
You can also use the widget or
- Insert share links at bottom of posts
You can also use the
- Enhance WordPress search with full text keyword indexing
Gives you relevance ranked results, requires MySQL 4 or newer and MyISAM tables.
- Highlight search words for users who arrive at this site from recognized search engines
Who would turn this off?.
- Insert default CSS
Really, you should add the css to your main stylesheet.
- Cron settings
Seconds between migrations
XXXMaximum number of items to process
To limit contention, improve performance, and reduce storage requirements, incoming stats data is written to the database, then asynchronously processed (“migrated”) to other tables for easier reporting. How often this should happen, and how many rows of data should be processed at a time depends on the performance of your server and activity of your site. The defaults are appropriate for a site that averages about one hit per second, you may wish to increase or decrease these numbers after reviewing your stats for a while. Don’t worry though, stats don’t get deleted if the cron settings can’t keep up.
- Load awareness
Limit background processing when system load average is over
During times of high load, it’s better to simply store the incoming stats data and process it later. This option allows you to choose how high is too high. You can see your server’s current load in the stats report under Quick Stats.
Commands you can execute from the bSuite options screen include:
- Rebuild bSuite search index
bSuite automatically manages the search index, but you can force it to rebuild now if you want.
- Force stats migration
Don’t want to wait for the next round of cron, or want to force a migration despite high load?
- Show rewrite rules
Doing WP development that depends on WordPress rewrite hooks?
- PHP Info
Need to confirm that your server’s PHP is of the correct version or has the modules it needs?
Upgrading From bSuite 3
bSuite 4 uses a different database and directory structure than previous versions. A separate plugin is provided to upgrade from bSuite 3; users of bSuite or bStat versions 1 or 2 must upgrade to bSuite 3 first.
- Move or delete the old bSuite plugin folder from your site’s
- Install bSuite 4.
- Activate the bStat Upgrader plugin.
- Go to Manage -> Import -> bStat Importer
- Follow on-screen instructions until complete.
- Deactivate the bStat Upgrader plugin.
- Enjoy bSuite 4’s new features.